Friday, August 17, 2007

Do Nice Guys Always Finish last...

Though its a very old adage, but it still holds relevance...Why do nice guys finish last?? Are they mawkishly sentimental in their behavior?? Is being nice, synonymous to being deceitful in this world of cynics? Let me answer these questions using my personal experiences (ya u guessed it rite, the nice guy in question is yours truly)....

The burden of carrying the "nice guy" image makes the self insignificant to others, in their quest to protect their image they cant even say no to an enemy, and the worst part of the story is that they dont even want to be acknowledged.....(i knw its hard 4 u ppl 2 believe, but its true...i m a nice guy....),it is this self-effacing nature that makes them lose most of the battles in life…take an example of rahul & sourav, a shirt-waving sourav with only one overseas test-series victory(outside sub-continent) is considered to be gr8 while dravid in spite of having an impressive captaincy record is ridiculed by everyone(from a layman to the so called expert…)…that is the price one has to pay 4 being nice….

Now, hv a look at my side of story…what price I hav paid 4 being nice over the years?..(u r rite again ..I m still suffering)..I cant do what I want to do thinking that my action cud possibly hurt the person I care abt, but never thinking that not acting wud definitely hurt me….but wait a minute..if I really care abt sumbody than hurting myself for that person’s sake cant be considered a loss…..

Irrespective of whatever I say , the normal world wont accept my definition of “loss”……so waiting 4 the day when …”A nice guy(me again…so humble na……) wont finish last”

I don’t expect much views 4 this post (“nice” syndrome) , in contrast if it was a scathing, ruthless post on any person it would have drawn many eyeballs……

2 comments:

Srinivasan said...

hey dude..
The best apples are always higher up the tree..
girls neither know that or are capable of scaling the tree..
dere wil def b someone special.. jus stay optimistic

Phobos said...

adding to what srini has said....
stones are thrown only at the best apples...so dont loose hope...sooner or later ur time wil come...